This highly interactive program will provide all library staff with the tools and skills to work and manage effectively across age diversity.
- Gain a greater understanding of the four generations and their preferred work style
- Discuss generational differences as it relates to motivation, feedback, communication, leadership, and work-life balance
- Introduce the concept of Micro-inequities and how these small behaviors can have a strong impact on performance, engagement, leadership, and collaboration
- Provide techniques for recognizing and addressing these counter-productive behaviors and attitudes related to age diversity
- Emphasize the importance of demonstrating respect when working with individuals that are different from ourselves
- Practice the skill of Inclusive Dialogue to promote inclusion and positive relationships with co-workers and library patrons
Note: Offered in 3-hour or 5-hour versions. The description above is for the 5-hour version. The 3-hour version will have less content and cover fewer topics. The consultant will work with you to determine the best format and what content can be included.