February 1, 2018
Please share this with all staff involved with ILL/delivery.
Expak has given LibraryLinkNJ a 120-day notice of termination to the contract, which will be effective May 29, 2018.
- Expak will continue to provide carrier services under the contract through the termination date
So What’s Next?
- The LibraryLinkNJ Executive Board is holding a special meeting on Monday, February 5 from 2:30-4:30 PM to hear from the membership and consider next steps
- The Executive Board and our attorneys are considering all legal options regarding the next delivery contract
- When we contract with another vendor, there will be a new transition period
Our Goals Remain The Same:
- Getting the LibraryLinkNJ delivery service working effectively as quickly as possible
- Getting the best long-term solution for LibraryLinkNJ delivery
Thanks to the Bergen County Cooperative Library System (BCCLS)
- In an effort to temporarily reduce the volume, the BCCLS Executive Board announced on January 25 their decision to temporarily suspend the ability to place online requests. The BCCLS Executive Board will re-evaluate this policy on February 7
- BCCLS reports that as of February 1, the number of items designated as in transit has been reduced by 28%
- LibraryLinkNJ thanks the BCCLS Executive Board for their proactive and helpful response to this difficult delivery situation
Expak Continues To Work on the Following:
- Working on reducing the size of routes that were too long and not being completed
- Creating extra routes
- Hiring extra drivers and additional backup drivers
- Working through the weekend to sort and set up deliveries for this week
- Deploying additional drivers for this week in addition to the regular drivers on busy routes
- Providing LibraryLinkNJ with daily route reports
- Adjusting pickup times on routes
- Following up with drivers on correct procedures
LibraryLinkNJ will keep you informed by sending weekly updates about the new delivery service during our transition. All information on the transition to Expak is available at http://librarylinknj.org/delivery. We update this section regularly.
Kathy Schalk-Greene, Executive Director