December 27, 2017
Please share this with all staff involved with ILL/delivery.
We are working hard to make this transition to Expak Logistics as smooth as possible for your library.
IMPORTANT - What’s happening, Week of December 26 - December 29:
- TForce Final Mile, our current vendor, will make deliveries and pick-ups from Tuesday, December 26 through Thursday, December 28. On Friday, December 29 they will make deliveries only.
IMPORTANT - What’s happening, Week of January 2 - January 5:
There will be no deliveries or pick-ups this week.
- We apologize for the inconvenience to your library, your staff, and your community members.
- IMPORTANT: The start date of our service was moved back one week by our new vendor.
Libraries are to hold all pick-ups for the week of January 2 through Friday, January 5 for the new vendor, Expak, to pick up during the week of January 8-12. (Expect some delays due to increased volume during this week.)
- IMPORTANT: We strongly urge libraries to prioritize items waiting to be picked up by separating patron request items from ordinary returns. Please also label delivery bins in priority order accordingly.
- There will be no deliveries or pick-ups this week.
IMPORTANT: What’s happening, Week of January 8 - January 12:
Expak will begin pick-ups and deliveries on Monday, January 8. (Expect some delays due to increased volume during this week.)
- IMPORTANT: All packages need the ExpakShip delivery labels. Please do not use the old label format. Expak will not pick up items with the old format labels.
- Expak will begin pick-ups and deliveries on Monday, January 8. (Expect some delays due to increased volume during this week.)
NEW - Online Report Forms: Starting Monday, January 8th the following online report forms will be available for use in ExpakShip:
- Library Closure (weather, construction, semester breaks, etc.)
- Delivery/Questions/Supplies (blue bins)
- Claim Form for Lost or Damaged Items delivered through Expak
- NEW - Delivery Bag Request Form: Starting Monday, January 8th an online form to request plastic bags will be available for use on the LLNJ delivery webpage.
- NEW - December 2017 statistic reports must be submitted to the LibraryLinkNJ office by January 10, 2018. This is the last time you’ll need to use the current online reporting form.
NEW - Starting in January, libraries no longer need to:
- Keep paper delivery log sheets
- Ask drivers to sign any paperwork
- Keep files of pre-printed delivery slips from the LLNJ “print labels” web page
- Submit statistical reports for delivery in January 2018 and beyond
Is training for the ExpakShip software still available?
- The live training webinars are now complete. There is webinar recording and lists of questions and answers from the webinar chats available now on the LLNJ delivery webpage. You can access this training at any time.
- The ExpakShip Web Order Entry Portal Reference Guide is available:
LibraryLinkNJ will keep you informed by sending periodic updates about the new delivery service during our transition in January. Stay tuned for more details! All information on the transition to Expak is available at http://librarylinknj.org/delivery. We update this page regularly.
Kathy Schalk-Greene, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 732-752-7720