TechFest Materials Available
Colleagues from around the state learned so much at this winter’s two TechFest events, and we’re happy to provide all the handouts from Table Talks on the following topics:
- Online Outreach Tools For Free & Low-Cost Promotion and Marketing
- Podcasts for Professional Development: The Best Apps for Learning
- Augmented Reality: Practical Applications for Libraries
- Lending Non-Traditional Items: What & How
- Web Tools for Teaching Specific Topics & Engagement
- Chromecast Tips & Tricks
- Learning to Code & Computational Thinking
- Mobile Gaming For Community Engagement
- Crowdfunding Library Projects
- Understanding Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Authentication Issues for Libraries
- Password Managers: An Essential Tool for Digital Security and Privacy
- Virtual Reality
If you missed the event or just want to share a handout with colleagues at your home institution, we’ve got you covered.
Learn At Your Leisure With Webinars
Our most recent webinars make quite a trio for library staff in a wide variety of roles, and as always, we’ve archived the live presentations, along with the presenters’ slides and other related materials.
Get caught up or share a link with a colleague for:
- Fresh Lit 2016, with Roz Reisner. This annual readers’ advisory treat brings you highlights of current and forthcoming titles especially good for book groups.
- Data Visualization for the Rest of Us, presented by Linda Hofschire. You collect all sorts of data at your library; now learn how to present it visually for patrons, board members, administrators and other stakeholders.
- Library Paparazzi: Next-Level Tips for #LibrariesOfInstagram, presented by Claire Schmieder and Sophie Brookover. Tools, tips & tricks for making your library’s Instagram account the best it can be!