The health and safety of the LLNJ community is our highest priority. Therefore, LLNJ will extend all approved On-Site, On-Demand subsidies through FY21.
If your library's subsidy request was approved and your program date was initially scheduled between March 18 through June 2020, we will carry over our approved subsidy for your program to FY2021. You may reschedule your program any time through the end of May 2021.
Remember to keep us informed about any updates, including your new program dates. Contact Mi-Sun Lyu if you have any questions.
Please see LLNJ’s response to COVID-19.
This year's On-Site, On-Demand Staff Development service is complete and all FY20 subsidies have been disbursed. We hope to offer this again in FY21 (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021). Look for a possible announcement in July.
FY20 (July 2019 to June 2020) Offer for All Members
of LibraryLinkNJ, The New Jersey Library Cooperative
LibraryLinkNJ Provides a Subsidy of Up to $500
Let us Help You Make a Difference!
Ongoing professional education is essential in the work lives of all staff members, and we want to make it as efficient and cost-effective as possible. We will subsidize up to $500 of the cost of one staff development workshop per year for member libraries.
Knowledge, Skills and Professional Growth is one of the key goals in the LibraryLinkNJ Strategic Plan for FY20. The On-Site, On-Demand Staff Development program directly supports this goal by providing libraries with the opportunity to help their staff acquire new skills and cross-train.
- Members are not limited to a specific menu of on-site training options. We provide a variety of suggested options for your convenience.
- You may either choose a workshop from our Suggested Programs & Consultants List or work with other vendors/consultants.
- There’s no minimum number of staff required to hold a program.
- Libraries book programs directly with a vendor/consultant and are responsible for paying them directly, as well.
- LibraryLinkNJ offers a subsidy of up to $500 for each approved subsidy request.
- There is a limited budget for this service, so please submit requests early.
- Subsidy requests must be made at least 4 weeks in advance of the date of the program.
- Deadline for submitting a request for a subsidy is Friday, April 10, 2020.
- Deadline for holding a LLNJ subsidized staff development program is Friday, May 15, 2020.
You are not limited to applying your subsidy to the programs on this list. We provide this information as helpful suggestions.
Selecting Other Subjects and Vendors/Consultants
- You are free to choose and develop your own training topic and vendor.
- In addition, if you have a topic, an idea, a training need and need help finding someone, please call us! We will do our best to find possible vendors for you to consider and contact.
- We are happy to work with you on any aspect of your staff development.
We encourage you to think broadly and creatively about learning experiences that will be mapped to your library’s strategic goals.
For all the details on how this service works, go to the How Does the Subsidy Program Work page.
If you have any questions, please contact Mi-Sun Lyu at email@example.com.