March 6, 2018
Please share this with all staff involved with ILL/delivery.
What’s Happening Now?
- New contract bids for the Statewide Delivery Service were opened on March 2. The contract award will be announced by March 30, 2018.
Label Lockout Period Lifted
- The period of time when you have been locked out from creating delivery labels has been eliminated. Your pickup window remains, but you may now create delivery labels at any time, including during the pickup window.
Help! We Have A Missing or Damaged Item!
- LibraryLinkNJ’s contract with Expak allows for payment up to $100 for loss or damage to materials while in the care of the carrier
- Claim forms are available online direct from within the ExpakShip software or at the Claim Form on our website
- Claim forms should be submitted by the library that owns the missing or damaged material
- Please provide the information requested on the Claim Form. For library names, use the full, exact name shown on the ExpakShip dropdown list. Please do not use your library’s initials or any other form of the library’s name. When you submit the form, the information will be sent directly to Expak Logistics, and a copy to LibraryLinkNJ.
- Normally, claim forms must be filed within 30 days of shipment. Because of the delays in delivery through the end of February, Expak is allowing claims within 60 days of shipment. Libraries have until March 30 to file claims from January and February.
- You may upload a picture of damaged material within the claim form if the visual will be helpful.
Problems with Delivery?
- No pick-ups? No delivery at all? Please complete & submit a Problem Report Form.
LibraryLinkNJ is committed to providing an open line of communication to the libraries we serve. We welcome any questions, thoughts, or concerns you may have on this issue. Additionally, we will provide continuous updates on the process so that you know what is happening with your materials and can, in turn, better serve your communities. All updates are distributed by mass email and can also be found at the Delivery section of our website.
Kathy Schalk-Greene, Executive Director