December 6, 2017
Please share this with all staff involved with ILL/delivery.
The Executive Board of LibraryLinkNJ has approved Expak Logistics as our new vendor for statewide library delivery. They will start on January 2, 2018. Expak has experience with library delivery for multiple sites within cooperatives in Tennessee, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. They report being pleased with the service.
We are working hard to make this transition as smooth as possible for your library. Here are answers to your top questions, so far:
How many labels per page of plain paper can be printed?
Six labels may be printed per page, two columns of three labels each, including a mix of libraries. (That’s a 100% increase!) Labels can be batch-printed daily for maximum paper/toner efficiency.
When will training be available?
Look for training via a webinar, which will be offered on the following dates:
Friday, December 8, 15 and 22 from 11 AM-12 PM and Thursday, December 14, 1-2 PM
- Video - https://expaklogistics.my.webex.com/meet/jmecca
- And Phone - 1-510-338-9438 Access Code - 624 152 858
- For everyone's convenience, Expak will record the webinar and make it available from the Resources section of their website (see below for website and login information)
- We are working with Expak now to finalize the written Web Order Entry Reference Guide.
- Friday, December 8, 15 and 22 from 11 AM-12 PM and Thursday, December 14, 1-2 PM
What will my library login be?
- Access the ExpakShip website at http://llnj.expakship.expaklogistics.com
- Your library’s login will be llnj**** (with **** your library’s 4-digit delivery code)
- Your library’s password will be exp**** (with **** your library’s 4-digit delivery code)
How will we handle the transition from our current to the new delivery vendor?
- During the week of December 26-29, our current vendor (TForce/Dynamex) will make deliveries only. (Any undelivered packages will be transferred to Expak, the new vendor, on December 29.)
- You will hold all pick-ups for the week of December 26-29 for the new vendor, Expak, to pick up during the week of January 2-5. (There may be some delays due to increased volume during that week.)
- During the week of December 26-January 2 you can start generating new online labels for your pick-ups. (All labels will default to a January 2 date during that week.)
- Plan for the extra space you may need for the week of December 26-29 to hold pick-ups.
Here’s what you and your staff should prepare for:
- Using a computer/device with access to the Internet and a printer to log in to your library’s new Expak account
LibraryLinkNJ will keep you informed by sending periodic updates about the new delivery service throughout December and during our transition in January. Stay tuned for more details! All information on the transition to Expak is available at http://librarylinknj.org/delivery. It’s updated regularly.
Kathy Schalk-Greene, Executive Director, email@example.com, 732-752-7720