December 12, 2017
Please share this with all staff involved with ILL/delivery.
The Executive Board of LibraryLinkNJ has approved Expak Logistics as our new vendor for statewide library delivery. They will start on January 2, 2018. Expak has experience with library delivery for multiple sites within cooperatives in Tennessee, Oregon, Washington and Idaho.
We are working hard to make this transition as smooth as possible for your library. Here are answers to your new questions, so far:
When will training for the new ExpakShip software be available?
- The December 8th webinar recording and list of questions and answers from the chat are available now. You can access this training anytime.
Look for training via webinar, on these upcoming dates:
- Thursday, December 14 from 1-2 PM, Friday, December 15 and 22 from 11 AM - 12 noon
Webinar Access information: You need to do both to participate
- Video - https://expaklogistics.my.webex.com/meet/jmecca
- And Phone - 1-510-338-9438 Access Code - 624 152 858
- ExpakShip Web Order Entry Portal Reference Guide is available:
What will my library login be?
- Access the ExpakShip website at http://llnj.expakship.expaklogistics.com
- Your library’s login will be llnj**** (with **** your library’s current 4-digit delivery code)
- Your library’s password will be exp**** (with **** your library’s current 4-digit delivery code)
When will I meet my new driver?
- Between now and December 22, your new driver will come to your library to introduce themselves and check on parking, and where to drop off or pick-up materials, starting on January 2.
How will we handle the transition from our current to the new delivery vendor?
- During the week of December 26-29, our current vendor (TForce/Dynamex) will make deliveries only. (Any undelivered packages will be transferred to Expak, the new vendor, on December 29.)
- You must hold all pick-ups for the week of December 26-29 for the new vendor, Expak, to pick up during the week of January 2-5. (Expect some delays due to increased volume during that week.)
- During the week of December 26-January 2, you can start generating new online labels for your pick-ups. (All labels will default to a January 2 date during that week. You must use an Expak printed label.)
- Plan for the extra space you may need for the week of December 26-29 to hold pick-ups. Do you need extra blue bins? Ask for these now by calling the LLNJ Office at 732-752-7720.
I like my current Tforce driver and want to help them.
- Expak may be hiring for some routes. Ask your driver to send info to http://expaklogistics.com/contact/ and leave their contact info there.
LibraryLinkNJ will keep you informed by sending periodic updates about the new delivery service throughout December and during our transition in January. Stay tuned for more details! All information on the transition to Expak is available at http://librarylinknj.org/delivery. It’s updated regularly.
Kathy Schalk-Greene, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 732-752-7720