December 22, 2017
Please share this with all staff involved with ILL/delivery.
IMPORTANT CHANGES FROM EARLIER UPDATES. PLEASE READ AND PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
NEW - What’s happening the week of December 26 - December 29:
- TForce Final Mile, our current vendor, will make deliveries and pick-ups from Tuesday, December 26 through Thursday, December 28. On Friday, December 29 they will make deliveries only.
NEW - What’s happening the week of January 2 - January 5:
There will be no deliveries or pick-ups this week. We apologize for the inconvenience to your library and your community members.
- NEW - The start date of our service was moved back one week by our vendor.
Libraries are to hold all pick-ups for the week of January 2 through Friday, January 5 for the new vendor, Expak, to pick up during the week of January 8-12. (Expect some delays due to increased volume during this week.)
- NEW - We strongly urge libraries to prioritize items waiting to be picked up.
- NEW - Segregate items that are filling patron requests from ordinary returns and label bins in priority order accordingly.
- There will be no deliveries or pick-ups this week. We apologize for the inconvenience to your library and your community members.
NEW - What’s happening the week of January 8 - January 12:
- Expak will begin pick-ups and deliveries on Monday, January 8. (Expect some delays due to increased volume during this week.)
We are working hard to make this transition to Expak Logistics as smooth as possible for your library.
Here are answers to your new questions:
When will I know my new final delivery schedule?
- Expak is finalizing the schedule now. We will send you an update when the schedule is complete. We expect it during the week of December 26. Until you hear from us that the new schedule is posted, what is currently in ExpakShip is not final.
- When will training for the new ExpakShip software be available?
Look for training via webinar:
- Friday, December 22 from 11 AM -12 Noon
Webinar Access information: You need to access both the online meeting and the conference call to participate
- Video - https://expaklogistics.my.webex.com/meet/jmecca
- And Phone - 1-510-338-9438 Access Code - 624 152 858
- The ExpakShip Web Order Entry Portal Reference Guide is available:
Can I print out test Expak labels now?
- Yes, up to and including December 29 you can practice creating Expak labels with their ExpakShip software.
- On Saturday, December 30, all practice transactions will be wiped from the system.
- For January 2 through 7, the default date will change to January 8, so you can print out live labels for your pick-ups on January 8.
For convenience, I’d like to see my automation consortia libraries only. Can you do this?
- In addition to the all-libraries drop-down menu, we are creating individual drop-down menus for these six NJ library automation consortia: BCCLS, BELS, LOGIN, LMxAC, MAIN and PalsPlus.
I’ve used shipping labels generated from JerseyCat successfully in the past. Can I still use these? They have a barcode.
- No. Labels printed from the JerseyCat system may not be used as shipping labels for the LibraryLinkNJ Delivery service. Libraries using the LibraryLinkNJ delivery service can only use the unique, one-time use, barcoded label generated by the ExpakShip software.
LibraryLinkNJ will keep you informed by sending periodic updates about the new delivery service throughout December and during our transition in January. Stay tuned for more details! All information on the transition to Expak is available at http://librarylinknj.org/delivery. We are updating this page regularly.
Kathy Schalk-Greene, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 732-752-7720