Two budget resolutions pertaining to library funding are before the New Jersey State Legislature’s budget committees. LibraryLinkNJ is united with The New Jersey State Library and the New Jersey Library Association in strong support of both resolutions, and we encourage you to contact your legislators to register your support of them, as well.
Resolution: Per Capita State Aid
The first resolution being considered by the Assembly Budget Committee calls for an additional $7 million to fully fund the Per Capita State Aid program for public libraries. This resolution has bipartisan support in the State Assembly and State Senate.
Resolution: NJ Library Network Funding
The second budget resolution, calling for an additional $1.3 million to fund the New Jersey Library Network in FY19, has bipartisan support in the State Senate. This is the resolution that would preserve and sustain LibraryLinkNJ’s statewide services in FY19 and beyond.
NJLA has created a user-friendly form you can use to contact your legislators in support of both resolutions. If you are represented by members of the Senate or Assembly Budget and Appropriations Committees, please contact them, as well.
The members of the Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee are:
* Sen Paul Sarlo, Chair (District 36)
* Sen. Brian Stack, Vice-Chair (District 33)
* Sen. Dawn Marie Addiego (District 8)
* Sen. Anthony Bucco (District 25)
* Sen. Nilsa Cruz-Perez (District 5)
* Sen. Sandra Cunningham (District 31)
* Sen. Patrick Diegnan (District 18)
* Sen. Linda Greenstein (District 14)
* Sen. Declan O’Scanlon (District 13)
* Sen. Teresa Ruiz (District 29)
* Sen. Troy Singleton (District 7)
* Sen. Samuel Thompson (District 12)
Members of the Assembly Budget Committee are:
* Asw. Eliana Pintor Marin (District 29)
* Asm. John Burzichelli (District 3)
* Asm. Daniel Benson (District 14)
* Asm. Robert Clifton (District 12)
* Asm. John DiMaio (District 23)
* Asm Gordon Johnson (District 37)
* Asw. Patricia Egan Jones (District 5)
* Asm John McKeon (District 27)
* Asm Raj Mukherji (District 33)
* Asw Nancy Munoz (District 21)
* Asw. Carol Murphy (District 7)
* Asm Edward Thomson (District 30)
* Asm. Benjie Wimberly (District 35)