REGISTRATION - As of 9/11/13, 2 spots left! Registration closes on Friday, September 13, 2013, 4:00 pm.
Mobile Devices: Gateway to Your Library - A Virtual Conference, presented by SEFLIN, The Southeast Florida Information Network.
LibraryLinkNJ has purchased a license for a small group of Cooperative members to participate in this virtual conference together at the LibraryLinkNJ office.
The group license requires attendees to view the conference together in the same place. Hosting the viewing of a Virtual Conference is a pilot project. If it's successful, LibraryLinkNJ will seek to host similar future events in additional or other locations.
The first 10 members to register by the deadline of 4 PM on Monday, August 26th are eligible to attend. Due to space considerations at the LibraryLinkNJ office, only 10 spots are available. A waiting list is available in case of last-minute cancellations.
Join us for an exciting one-day online conference as five nationally- and internationally-known speakers discuss wide-ranging aspects of the growing impact of mobile devices on libraries.
Conference presenters and sessions include:
· Lee Rainie (Pew Research): The Mobile Difference
· Linda Braun (Librarians & Educators Online): Giving your Mobile Users Everything They Need When They Need It
· SEFLINs Virtual Conference Committee: Apps & More Resources for Libraries
· Tom Peters (Missouri State University Libraries): Implications of the Mobile Revolution for Reference Services and the Library as a Place in General
· Chad Mairn (Novare Library Services): Developing Library Staff Skills for Mobile Technology
· Joe Murphy (Library Futures): What's New and Just Around the Corner in Mobile Technology
Join information professionals from around the world, and interact with library leaders and experts in the field. Hear about solutions and strategies for training staff and providing services to mobile device users.
For more information on program content and schedule, click here.
DATE: Friday, September 20, 2013
TIME: 10 am to 4 pm, coffee at 9:30. The virtual conference will start promptly at 10 am.
LOCATION: Meeting Room at the LibraryLinkNJ office in Piscataway. The group license requires attendees to view the conference together in the same place.
Lunch will be provided.