FY18 (July 2017 to June 2018) Offer for All Members
of LibraryLinkNJ, The New Jersey Library Cooperative
This year's On-Site, On-Demand Staff Development service is now closed. We hope to offer this again in FY19. Look for an announcement in July.
LibraryLinkNJ Provides a Subsidy of Up to $750
Let us Help You Make a Difference!
Ongoing professional education is essential in the work lives of all staff members, and we want to make it as efficient and cost-effective as possible. We will subsidize up to $750 of the cost of one staff development workshop per year for member libraries.
Professional Development and Self-Care is one of the key goals in the Statewide Strategic Plan for the Future of Libraries in New Jersey. The On-Site, On-Demand Staff Development program directly supports this goal by providing libraries with the opportunity to help their staff acquire new skills and cross-train.
- Members are not limited to a specific menu of on-site training options. We provide a variety of suggested options for your convenience.
- You may either choose a workshop from our Suggested Programs & Consultants List or work with other vendors/consultants.
- There’s no minimum number of staff required to hold a program.
- Libraries book programs directly with a vendor/consultant and are responsible for paying them directly, as well.
- LibraryLinkNJ offers a subsidy of up to $750 for each approved subsidy request.
- There is a limited budget for this service, so please submit requests early.
You are not limited to applying your subsidy to the programs on this list. We provide this information as helpful suggestions.
Selecting Other Subjects and Vendors/Consultants
- You are free to choose and develop your own training topic and vendor.
- In addition, if you have a topic, an idea, a training need and need help finding someone, please call us! We will do our best to find possible vendors for you to consider and contact.
- We are happy to work with you on any aspect of your staff development.
We encourage you to think broadly and creatively about learning experiences that will be mapped to your library’s strategic goals.
For all the details on how this service works, go to the How Does the Subsidy Program Work page.
If you have any questions, please contact Joanne Roukens at the office (Tel: 732-752-7720) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org