Provides new or inexperienced supervisors with an understanding of their role, and skills for making a smooth transition. More experienced supervisors are welcome if they have never received training or would like to improve their skills. Participants will learn ways to promote a positive environment for their staff, establish expectations, and work effectively with their own supervisors to further their library's mission and goals.
Objectives -- participants will be able to:
- Describe "what it means to be a supervisor"
- Identify best practices in supervision
- Differentiate between types of performance issues and identify solutions
In addition to meeting objectives of half-day program, participants will be able to:
- Identify best practices for establishing strong relationships with employers and employees
- Define privacy, confidentiality, and staff appreciation and provide examples
- Apply best practices to a case study scenario