If you're an NJLA member searching for where you fit in the organization, don't forget that you can start a new NJLA Section at any time! Simply follow these steps:
- Email Email with the purpose and name of your proposed section.
- Distribute a petition, which will be provided to you by the NJLA office staff, to gather signatures from at least 15 members in good standing in support of your proposed section.
- Get approval from the NJLA Executive Board for provisional approval of your section, once you have the required 15 signatures.
- Start your section with a 2-year provisional period! This includes holding regular meetings, creating by-laws, and organizing an election for section officers.
- Become official by providing records of officers and bylaws at the end of your provisional period and requesting organizational status from the Executive Board.