Learn On-Demand With Webinar Archives
If you missed any recent webinars, you can catch up at your convenience with our archives!
Internet Famous: Strategically Marketing Your Special Collections Online,
presented by Colleen Theisen, Outreach & Instruction Librarian at the University of Iowa Libraries’ Special Collections.
What you can look forward to: Colleen’s resource-packed slides and a recording of her presentation.
What you’ll learn:
After attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Build your brand by using your institution’s unique materials to educate the public about historic materials, and developing a sense of place and shared history
- Handle, photograph, and/or digitize historic materials in many formats safely
- Apply straightforward methods and techniques using everyday equipment
- Develop a workflow for social media work with limited staff, time, and budget
How To Mentor Others, presented by Mary Beth Weber, Head of Central Technical Services at Rutgers University Libraries.
What you can look forward to: since this webinar was presented twice, you can choose from two versions of Mary Beth’s slides and presentations.
What you’ll learn:
After this webinar you will be able to:
- Define the types of mentoring relationships
- Mentor for a specific purpose
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback
- Interact effectively with your mentee
- Continue the relationship after your mentee has reached his/her desired outcome.
Save the Date for Fresh Lit 2015!
December 1, 2015 | 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Registration opens at 9:00 AM on November 2
Roz Reisner is coming back for her annual presentation on the best mid-list literary books of the year. Roz’s sixth sense about great titles for book discussion groups, readers’ advisory, and good old reading for pleasure has been a highlight for our members for years. To whet your appetite, here are the archives of her past presentations: