ADMINISTRATIVE OPERATIONS MANAGER
[Full-Time - 35 hours per week]
LibraryLinkNJ--the New Jersey Library Cooperative (LibraryLinkNJ.org), is seeking an Administrative Operations Manager to support the Cooperative’s operations by supervising Administrative Office and Member Services employees, and by overseeing office systems and services.
LibraryLinkNJ is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Its members are multi-type libraries and library-related agencies located in the twenty-one counties of New Jersey. The Cooperative has over 1,300 voting representatives from over 2,500 public and private school, public, academic, institutional, corporate, health sciences and special libraries and library-related agencies. A member-elected Executive Board meets regularly to oversee the programs and services of the organization. LibraryLinkNJ and its services are funded by the New Jersey State Library, which is responsible for the coordination, promotion and funding of the New Jersey Library Network.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative Operations Manager
- Maintains the Cooperative’s office services by organizing and improving office operations and procedures;
- Oversees documentation and resolution of customer services issues related to member services and the Statewide Delivery System of library materials;
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures to improve office efficiency;
- Schedules, assigns, and/or ensures the successful completion of Administrative Office and Member Services employees' duties;
- Works with Executive Director, Cooperative staff, members, vendors/contractors, and representatives of partnering organizations.
Qualifications and Experience
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- Five (5) or more years of recent work experience in an administrative/office management role;
- Three (3) or more years of recent experience supervising multiple staff;
- High level of proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office applications, Google Workspace, Zoom, web and social networking tools, and mobile devices;
- Experience with implementing new office technology and processes, for example--electronic invoicing and payment;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities;
- Proven strong customer-service orientation;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal, written, and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Ability to initiate, organize, and work independently.
- Customer database management;
- Experience with and/or training in Human Resources management;
- Expertise in QuickBooks, with preferred experience in QuickBooks Online;
- Expertise in bookkeeping/accounting including handling accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll (ADP preferred), as well as producing financial reports.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises the daily operations of the Administrative Office including communications with office staff regarding attendance, requests and approvals for leave and work schedules ensuring that office is operating smoothly;
- Supervises the work of Administrative Office and Member Services employees to ensure they work productively and meet deadlines and the Cooperative’s standards;
- Develops office policies and procedures, and ensures they are implemented appropriately;
- Ensures that the Cooperative’s member services standards and policies are implemented appropriately;
- Oversees the collection of statistical data for the Statewide Delivery System;
- Oversees documentation and resolution of issues related to member services and the Statewide Delivery System;
- Ensures that members services inquiries are resolved in a timely manner;
- Supervises employee payroll processing ensuring that payroll is processed in a timely manner according to the Cooperative’s policies and in compliance with State and Federal guidelines;
- Manages insurance and benefits for all employees acting as point of contact for benefits providers;
- Maintains HR and personnel files;
- Oversees management of the financial filing system;
- Defines procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records in accordance with State and Federal guidelines;
- Manages the office budget and assists with preparation of the Cooperative’s annual budget;
- Orders approved equipment and software and manages warranties and service contracts of office equipment;
- Coordinates approved equipment repair, software upgrades, and technical problems with the organization’s staff and technical consultants;
- Manages office supplies inventory and places orders as necessary;
- Identifies opportunities for process and office management improvements;
- Acts as point of contact for office maintenance and housekeeping;
- Provides other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports;
- Manages or supports special projects as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires light to moderate physical effort demanded when performing functions under typical office and computer use conditions.
Possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License valid for use in New Jersey is required.
Must be eligible for permanent employment in the United States with documentation for Form I-9 of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Work Schedule and Location
This full-time position (35-hour work week) requires a full-time presence in the LibraryLinkNJ office located at 2300 Stuyvesant Ave., Trenton, NJ 08618. The opportunity to work remotely is based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Executive Director. This position requires travel to twice-yearly Membership Meetings and selected staff travel to workshops.
Salary: $65,000 per year or more depending on experience.
Interested candidates can email a résumé and cover letter in PDF format to LibraryLinkNJ’s Executive Director, Ralph S. Bingham III at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Administrative Operations Manager” in the subject line of the email. The position closes on Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 4:00 PM EDT.