PROGRAMMING AND OUTREACH SPECIALIST
Position description in PDF
LibraryLinkNJ, the New Jersey Library Cooperative, is seeking a Programming and Outreach Specialist, to plan and execute the Cooperative’s programming and outreach initiatives. This is a new part-time temporary position designed to operationalize LibraryLinkNJ’s existing and future strategic programs.
This position will report to the Executive Director. The Programming and Outreach Specialist develops, coordinates, promotes, evaluates, and executes a dynamic array of programs and services to the members of LibraryLinkNJ. This individual must stay abreast with current and emerging trends to provide input to the coordination of statewide continuing education opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education: A Master of Library Science degree (or currently in progress) from a library school accredited by the American Library Association.
- Demonstrated ability in program planning and presentation.
- Proven strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellence in current and emerging library services and technologies; and ability to consult with others on these topics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal, written and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with individuals and groups, including LLNJ members, partners, library personnel, vendors/contractors, and stakeholders both individually and in groups.
- Ability to initiate, organize and work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office applications, Zoom and a variety of Web and social networking tools and mobile devices.
- Leadership and/or experience in library consortia and/or statewide services.
- Experience working in or with different types of libraries and/or cultural institutions with all levels of library staff.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Works with the Executive Director as part of CE Team to identify and prioritize needs for training and professional development and advisory services.
- Works actively to promote and provide strong customer service to the members of LibraryLinkNJ.
- Designs, implements and sponsors innovative programs, presentations, workshops and participatory experiences that provide opportunities for continuing education to members of multi-type library organizations throughout the state.
- Aligns programs with LibraryLinkNJ’s strategic goals and with identified interests, and needs within the state.
- Builds relationships and networks with internal and external partners to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Identifies opportunities to collaborate with other LibraryLinkNJ staff members, members, vendors/contractors, partners, stakeholders and other organizations to brainstorm, plan, promote and deliver outstanding programs and events on a variety of topics, using varied methods.
- Draws upon statewide resources and solicits local talent to develop and co-sponsor programs.
- Evaluates programs using appropriate evaluation strategies (evaluation forms, surveys, input from program participants and partners, observations, etc.) and uses results to improve upon programming efforts.
- Works with the Executive Director, partners and vendors as part of CE team staff to ensure delivery of high-quality member services and programs.
- Proposes, develops, and implements webinar services, working closely with presenters to provide a high-quality learning experience for members and presenters.
- Monitors expenditures, tracking costs for programming and materials.
- Uses traditional media outlets, modern technologies and other innovative tools/media to promote services and programs.
- Uses Web and social networking tools to engage with and provide programs and services to members of LibraryLinkNJ.
- Represents LibraryLinkNJ to partner organizations such as the New Jersey State Library and the New Jersey Library Association as assigned.
- Manages or supports special projects as needed, typically related to continuing education, such as the Super Library Supervisor and On-Site, On-Demand Programs.
- Participates in planning processes regarding continuing education, pilot projects, future organizational strategic initiatives and other LibraryLinkNJ and statewide initiatives.
- Coordinates the work of members involved in programs.
- Works collaboratively with other LibraryLinkNJ staff members, as well as LibraryLinkNJ members and partners to generate program ideas and coordinate development.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include seeking outside sources of funding and writing effective grants to sustain a high level of programming.
The position requires light to moderate physical effort demanded when performing functions under typical office and computer use conditions. Light to moderate physical effort and stamina required for assigned travel and transport of work related materials and equipment to meeting sites.
Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License valid for use in New Jersey and provide the means of transportation to fulfill job duties in New Jersey and attend relevant meetings.
Must be eligible for permanent employment in the United States with documentation for Form I-9 of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Work Schedule and Location:
The work-week is up to 24 hours, assigned in the best interest of the organization. Hours may vary. While occasional work may be completed virtually, under the discretion and direction of the Executive Director, this position will require the incumbent to work at LibraryLinkNJ’s Trenton office and may require some travel to meetings throughout the state.
Salary commensurate with experience and will meet the New Jersey Library Association minimum dependent on qualifications.
Interested candidates can email a resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format to LibraryLinkNJ’s Executive Director, Susanne Sacchetti at email@example.com. Please put “Programming and Outreach Specialist” in the subject line of the email.
The position closes on Monday, January 11, 2021 at 5 p.m. EST.