MentorNJ Meetups are an opportunity for interested library staff, at any level, to get together informally and discuss issues, ask questions, seek guidance, and learn more about various different topics related to libraries and library work. These particular meetups focus on technology in libraries, so from ILS systems, to social media, to IT issues, to makerspaces, to workshops and tech sessions, and much more, any topic related to technology and libraries is fair game. Register now for upcoming MentorNJ Meetups!
Friday, August 16th, 1-3pm
(This meet-up has been rescheduled from August 23 to August 16!)
@ Warren County Library - Southwest Branch
404 Route 519, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
- Hosted by Doug Baldwin, Head of Technology, Piscataway Public Library
- Site Host: kdurkin [at] warrenlib.org (Kelly Durkin), Branch Manager, Catherine Dickson Hofman Branch
MentorNJ Technology Meetups are a casual yet informative informal gathering of library staff at any level interested in discussing issues, challenges, successes, and new resources and tools related to technology both in and out of libraries. Please use the registration form to attend.
- Friday, August 16th, 1-3pm
Going Fine Free Meet-up
Wednesday, October 23rd, 10am-12pm
@ Gloucester County Library Mullica Hill Branch (Meeting Room B)
389 Wolfert Station Road, Mullica Hill, NJ 08062
- Hosted by Ralph Bingham, Director, Gloucester County Library System
- More libraries are going fine free throughout the country, and are you (or is your library) interested in joining the movement? MentorNJ is hosting a meet-up to talk about 'Going Fine Free'. Linda Devlin, Director, and David Lisa, Associate Director, from the Camden County Library System will join the meet-up as guest experts. The Camden County Library System eliminated fines for all overdue items as of July 1. Please come and join this timely conversation, and use the online form to register!
- Wednesday, October 23rd, 10am-12pm
If you have missed our past meet-ups, all meeting notes are documented in real time and shared with attendees, as well as made publicly available on the past meetups list (where you can find archived notes from the past meetings).
Would you like to host a small meetup at your library, or to attend any upcoming meetups? Please find more about how you can promote your hosting meetup on the MentorNJ meetup page.
If you have any questions about MentorNJ meetups, please contact our meetup coordinators:
- Doug Baldwin, Head of Technology, Piscataway Public Library
- Ralph Bingham, Director, Gloucester County Library System
- Date: Thursday, November 7, 2019 (Morning refreshments & lunch will be provided)
- Location: Monroe Township Public Library (Middlesex County)
- Theme of the Day: All about Professional/Career Development
- Have your headshots done for your resume or social media profiles with a professional photographer for free!
More information including the event schedule, programs, registration information, etc. will be announced soon!