Presented by LibraryLinkNJ, the New Jersey State Library and the New Jersey Library Association:
Technology Speed Dating - Meet Attractive and Suitable Technologies
It's time to set your technology life in order and begin your search for the tech of your dreams and live happily ever after!
In just three hours meet plenty of eligible technology. Step back, observe and consider. Ask yourself these questions:
- Can I see myself living with technology for the rest of my life?
- Do I see in these technologies such potential that I want to invest time in them?
- Do these technologies have the character, values and goals that will foster my desire to help library users?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, thsee programs arefor you! Meet the right tech for you & your community! Learn from and with your colleagues in a relaxed, practical and fun environment!
Each program features:
- Table Talks - staffed by expert colleagues - talk, listen, discuss, and learn one-on-one.
- Hot topics: Program content is slightly different at each location.
- Gadgets and devices - get acquainted with your community’s favorite devices.
- Short presentations on tech, best practices and resources.
Ensure that your library and you are the go-to resource for your community on 21st century information, learning, and consumer technologies.
Audience: Everyone working in libraries - no matter what type of library, level of knowledge, familiarity or comfort with tech. Mix and mingle with newbies and techies alike.
[ back to top ]
Choose from three dates and three locations:
Tuesday, January 14, 2014, Parsippany Public Library (snow date is Thursday, Jan. 16th)
Registration Deadline: Monday, January 6th, 4 pm.
Wednesday, March 19, 2014, Monroe Twp. Public Library (Middlesex County)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, March 6th, 4 pm.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014, Gloucester County Library, Mullica Hill
Registration Deadline: Thursday, April 10th, 4 pm.
Each program will be scheduled from 10 AM - 1 PM, with coffee starting at 9:30.
[ back to top ]