Our long-standing discount offer on CountryWatch has been renewed for 2016. CountryWatch features extensive country data, plus products covering cultural information, economic projections and election coverage - a real benefit this year!
Since our last renewal, CountryWatch has completely overhauled their web interface, making the site easier to use, more interactive and visually appealing. New features include:
- Informative and user-friendly home page displaying a featured country and top news stories
- News Ticker featuring breaking news stories from around the world
- New menu bar to allow access to all your CountryWatch resources within the same window
- All new CountryWatch Data with 5 years of Macro-Economic, Metals, Agriculture and Energy data on all 194 countries
All LibraryLinkNJ members receive a 25% discount. New subscribers save an extra 10%! Full offer details are on the CountryWatch discount page.
Imagine Easy, makers of EasyBib and ResearchReady, have rolled out two new products that will be replacing the former products by June 2016. The company often received the same feedback from users: make it easier to partner with teachers and increase usage of the products. Imagine Easy listened and now offers Scholar and Academy.
Like EasyBib, Scholar develops analytical reading, writing and critical thinking skills. It has many new tools and can be integrated with Google Apps for Education, a variety of LMSs and the Microsoft environment.
Academy, like the former ResearchReady, uses texts in multiple content areas to allow librarians and teachers to integrate information literacy skills into appropriate subjects.
Our discount offer on Beanstack has been extended through March 31, 2016. Many NJ libraries have already taken advantage of this offer!
Beanstack is an early literacy web service that engages families with young readers and facilitates your library's summer reading program. Check out the discount page for full offer details, including upcoming webinar dates.
All of LibraryLinkNJ’s year-round discounts are renewed once annually: either at the end of the fiscal year (July 1st - June 30th) or the end of the calendar year. In addition to CountryWatch and Imagine Easy, above, the following offers have been renewed for calendar year 2016:
- Infobase Learning - offer includes Facts on File, ebooks, e-learning modules, as well as streaming media from Classroom Video on Demand, Learn 360, Films on Demand, and Access Video on Demand.
- LearningExpress Library - same test prep product, now owned by EBSCO.
- Mango Languages - offer available to academic and K-12 school libraries, as well as public libraries. Mango Premiere, a module for language learning through feature films, is included.
- Mosio for Libraries - makes text messaging with patrons easy for staff.
- NoodleBib - a citation, research, and writing service, NoodleBib has products for upper elementary students through college.
- Pronunciator - language learning service, now includes citizenship module.
- TumbleBook Library - products include animated picture books for young children, ebooks for teens, and audiobooks for teens and adults.